The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Professional Territory Sales, Building Materials opportunity, you will have:
- Outstanding experience (ideally 5+ years) and demonstrated success selling in a distribution network environment
- Deep understanding of the 2-step distribution model
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Building industry experience is highly preferred; the ideal candidate will have experience selling to top residential builders in the Denver market
- Proven and polished presentation skills; comfort delivering formal presentations to Architect and Builder groups
- Knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing principles and techniques
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficiency using CRM software, ideally Salesforce.com
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record to drive a company car
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Competitive drive combined with a team-player approach; ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Strong analytical reasoning skills; logic
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability
Note: Henry Company prides itself on the quality of its workforce. All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check and drug test.
Pictured: From our superior Blueskin® solutions to PERMAX spray foam insulation to our Aqua-Bloc® WB waterproofing product and a variety of window and door flashing options, Henry Residential Building Envelopes offers a plethora of top-quality building products.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the VP, Residential Building Envelope, as a Professional Territory Sales Representative, you will be responsible for a territory including all of Colorado. Most of your focus will be on Denver, Colorado Springs and Fort Collins, where you will maintain and grow a few existing accounts, as well as develop new business. The territory also includes additional states (e.g. Montana, Wyoming & Utah) which you may travel to on occasion.
You will be responsible for developing and growing business using a two-step distribution model and working with builders, contractors, dealers, architects, distributors and homeowners. Your primary mission will be to provide sales, marketing, and general business support along with prospecting and developing new business to ensure the growth of your territory.
On a daily basis, you will be out in the field focusing on residential business, primarily high-end luxury building, including single family homes and multi-family housing 5 stories and lower. This is a territory for a go-getter with the competitive drive to build the territory nearly from the ground up. Within our two-step distribution model, you will spend the majority of your time targeting and working with builders and contractors (65% - 75%), but also focus on dealers and distributors (20% - 25%), architects and homeowners (10%).
Specifically, you will:
- Develop a Territory Business Plan to achieve the annual sales target established by Henry
- Develop and prepare weekly & monthly reports on sales activity
- Develop and prepare reports on competitors' activity in the market
- Work with the existing distribution network in promoting and developing awareness level of Henry’s Blueskin VP100 product and ancillary products in the specified market areas
- Work with assigned distribution partners to present Henry products to builders, regulatory, environmental groups and associations, and code officials
- Assist assigned distribution partners at trade shows to present and promote Henry products
- Encourage interaction with your assigned distribution network to help develop best practices and troubleshoot common application/technical issues
- Promote and develop product awareness across multiple channels; earn appointments; deliver PowerPoint presentations
- Do research and leverage multiple methods and sources to obtain information regarding sales activity in specified areas
Pictured: Henry products and systems manage the flow of water, air, vapor, and energy through the building envelope, from foundation to roof, improving the structure’s energy efficiency, livability, and sustainability for the benefit of the owner, occupant, and the environment.
More Good ReasonsThis is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career with a company that respects its employees and cares about their success. Consider a few more reasons to join us:
This is a top territory offering outstanding potential to the right candidate. The Colorado housing market is strong and there's a good deal of new development. If you have the drive and motivation, you will be able to hit top incentive goals within a few years, matching and even passing other established territories.
We are a young (less than 3 years old), small but growing division, at a company with a long history of success. That makes the Territory Sales Rep position a prime, ground floor role built on a solid foundation. We are small enough that your successes will be noticed, appreciated and rewarded, and you'll enjoy a collaborative environment in which you can learn and continue to develop your skills. We've worked out the "new division kinks" and are now adding reps in other territories. We expect the division to grow exponentially, reaching 100MM in just a few years. We've also recently added your supervisor, the VP, Residential Building Envelope -- an industry expert with a long history of sales management success to help drive the division.
Excellent Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a competitive base, bonus and achievement incentives, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package designed to attract and retain top talent. Benefits include a company car (typically a 4-door F-150), medical, dental, and vision coverage; Company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching and independent Company contributions; generous paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Growth = opportunity, and while you could be happy and successful in this territory for years to come, once you prove yourself here, you could pursue additional opportunities within Henry.
Outstanding Residential Products
Henry residential building solutions help enhance the building envelope for a more comfortable, energy efficient home. With a complete offering of roofing underlayments, air barriers, waterproofing membranes and sealants, Henry has a solution for to meet demanding project needs. You can feel good knowing that you're selling the best the industry has to offer.
A Growing Industry Leader
Henry an industry leader in multiple markets, holding a #1 or #2 position in many of the markets we serve. Our innovative, industry-leading products improve the livability and sustainability of all types of buildings, from the tallest commercial skyscrapers to residential homes all across the United States and Canada.
In It to Win It
Our track record of sustained success results from delivering innovative and high-performing products and solutions to our customers. Henry competes with some of the biggest building product companies in the world.
Privately Owned Business
We believe being privately owned is a competitive advantage. Ours is a people-centric culture of entrepreneurship, change, continuous improvement, and rewards.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this role, you'll need to quickly learn our products and readily understand how the business model works. Of course, we understand there will be a learning curve as you come onboard, but we also expect that you'll hit the ground running and make some early wins. This is a sales role, so naturally, there will be KPIs which you'll work toward. In addition to the numbers, you'll interact and build relationships with members of the Residential Sales Team. It's a collaborative team with a peer support approach. No one is ever left on an island without a qualified team member to turn to. In fact, as you are training, you'll work closely with your supervisor and peers both within your own and other territories.
In addition, our successful team members:
- Focus on the customer by
- Building confidence among internal and external customers
- Demonstrating commitment and actively following through
- Being accessible, timely and responsive
- Setting and meeting customer expectations
- Listening and understanding customer needs and ideas
- Continually looking for ways to improve customer satisfaction
- Deliver functional expertise
- Fully understanding the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Supporting other functions and the organization as a whole
- Keeping sharp their knowledge and technical skills
- Always working with integrity and demonstrating strong ethics
- Dealing with others in a straightforward, honest manner
- Always respecting those around you as they will respect you
- Being accountable for your actions
- Confidentiality and promoting Company values
- Driving results
- Setting challenging and productive goals
- Taking a disciplined and structured approach to earning business
- Delivering on commitments
- Providing leadership, support & motivation to peers
- Creating / leveraging systems and procedures to track progress and measure results