The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Production Team Lead opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2-5 years of general production experience in a manufacturing environment; you must be comfortable working around machinery/heavy industrial equipment. Note: we will also consider those without a production background if they had success in another industry requiring a strong work ethic and attitude.
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude/knowledge; basic PLC programming skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot issues with piping, valves, pumps, electrical motors, etc. is an advantage.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to motivate and inspire others to do a good job
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with temporary workers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; ability to listen, follow directions and convey information to others.
- A proactive mindset with a team-player approach; ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills; logic.
- Strong learning ability.
- A strong work ethic including timeliness, honesty and integrity.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage a production schedule that ebbs and flows*.
- A focus on quality and attention to detail.
Note: Henry Company prides itself on the quality of its workforce. All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check and drug test.
Pictured: From our superior Blueskin® solutions to PERMAX spray foam insulation to our Aqua-Bloc® WB waterproofing product and a variety of window and door flashing options, Henry Residential Building Envelopes offers a plethora of top-quality building products. You will support the production of a number of fine Henry products, several of which are pictured throughout.
The RoleRole overview
Taking direction for the Production Supervisor and supporting the goals and objectives set by the Plant Manager, you will become an important and permanent member of our production team. While we have several full-time Henry employees on the team, we use many temporary and contract workers who need someone to guide them, help set expectations, and model quality work through their example. When demand is high, we can have as many as 75% temps.
Indianapolis is a very busy plant. It primarily supports big box customers and increases or decreases production output to meet their needs. Depending on demand and other factors, such as inclement weather, the plant could have as few as 30 employees onsite and as many as 50.
Typically, you will lead a group of three to six people working in your section. You will mentor and guide them, set expectations, set an example through your own hard work and good attitude, and ensure they are meeting their goals and responsibilities. You are not a supervisor -- you will not reprimand those you're helping, and you will be doing the same hands-on production work they are. But, you will be able to influence strong outcomes through positive reinforcement and maintaining an upbeat environment. You will have the power to positively and visibly impact production.
Pictured: Henry products and systems manage the flow of water, air, vapor, and energy through the building envelope, from foundation to roof, improving the structure’s energy efficiency, livability, and sustainability for the benefit of the owner, occupant, and the environment.
More Good ReasonsThis is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career with a company that respects its employees and cares about their success. Consider a few more reasons to join us:
Competitive wage, overtime & benefits
In addition to a competitive wage, you will enjoy overtime pay when demand is high. As a full-time employee, you will also be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance options; company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching and independent company contributions; paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and an Employee Assistance Program.
This is a prime stepping-stone position for someone who wants to build a future with Henry. Prove yourself in this role, and you can move up within the Indianapolis plant or at other Henry locations. We believe strongly in building our bench strength and finding talent from within. In fact, many of Henry's leaders came up through the ranks! Some opportunities would require relocation.
Outstanding residential products
Henry residential building solutions help enhance the building envelope for a more comfortable, energy efficient home. With a complete offering of roofing underlayments, air barriers, waterproofing membranes and sealants, Henry has a solution for to meet demanding project needs. You can feel good knowing that you're selling the best the industry has to offer.
Growing industry leader
Henry an industry leader in multiple markets, holding a #1 or #2 position in many of the markets we serve. Our innovative, industry-leading products improve the livability and sustainability of all types of buildings, from the tallest commercial skyscrapers to residential homes all across the United States and Canada. Our track record of sustained success results from delivering innovative and high-performing products and solutions to our customers. Henry competes with some of the biggest building product companies in the world.
Privately owned business
We believe being privately owned is a competitive advantage. Ours is a people-centric culture of entrepreneurship, change, continuous improvement, and rewards.
Keys to SuccessAptitude....Attitude...Hard Work...this is the equation for success at Henry. Naturally, you will need the mechanical aptitude and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, but just as important will be your attitude and ability to work hard. That attitude will help drive a winning team. Everyone enjoys working in an environment where success is the norm. You will come to work each day and set the tone for hard work balanced with a positive attitude, setting the tone for success.
In addition, to be an outstanding Production Team Lead, you will:
- Take and follow directions, supporting leadership and plant processes.
- Always maintain a deep commitment to safety.
- Be proactive about managing issues or problems.
- Be a strong communicator up and down the chain of command.
- Keep your eyes open for opportunities to improve and excel.
- Be open and willing to help temp employees who are working with you and other permanent employees.