The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Project Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a role requiring strong customer service and analytical thinking skills.
- Some college coursework; a 2-year Associate of Arts (AA) degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including:
- Intermediate ability with MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience using CRM software, ideally Salesforce.
- Experience using ERP software preferred, ideally, JD Edwards; ability to create internal reports.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Strong basic math skills to do accurate conversions, such as converting by piece order to board feet.
- Comfort training customers and internal stakeholders on use of products/systems.
- Experience in the building materials/construction industry highly preferred; general familiarity with construction terms and customers is an advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 10% for training opportunities and to support trade shows.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional maturity with a common sense approach to your work; logic in connecting all the pieces of an order/project.
- Thick skin and the ability to remain calm and efficient when dealing with busy and/or demanding construction customers.
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills; ability to balance competing priorities.
- Disposition to thrive and excel in a busy, fast-paced environment requiring independent thought and action.
Note: Henry Company prides itself on the quality of its workforce. All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check and drug test.
As Project Coordinator, you will report to and partner with the Vegetative Roofing Assembly (VRA) Manager to streamline and grow the VRA business sector. You will develop effective working relationships with VRA customers and Henry internal departments, provide clear communication and deliver outstanding service to ensure accurate and timely workflow, improve the VRA customer service record and strengthen ties to Henry products.
While orders and quote requests can come in through a variety of means, typically, you'll be copied on emails, which you will check first thing in the morning and throughout the day. You will provide comprehensive sales support to the VRA Manager and Henry customers through communication, accurate and timely workflow, proper spec conversations, vendor and customer follow-up and more. You could be supporting up to 50 orders at a time, so your strong organization, prioritization and follow-up skills will be critical, as will be your ability to handle your responsibilities independently.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with key VRA customers and vendors to build brand loyalty.
- Learning Henry VRA products, becoming a product expert.
- Streamlining the order entry process for all VRA items.
- Performing accurate order entry.
- Developing deep knowledge of the JD Edwards operating system.
- Utilizing Salesforce for tracking data for complex VRA opportunities.
- Working with the internal Warranty Group to track all products purchased for single source warranty jobs.
- Flexing output to stay current with order flow during the busy spring and summer months.
More Good ReasonsThis is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career with a company that respects its employees and cares about their success. Consider a few more reasons to join us:
Excellent compensation and benefits
In addition to a competitive wage, you’ll enjoy comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; Company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching and independent Company contributions; generous paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Autonomy and support
Your manager will outline clearly-defined expectations and goals, and as long as you are hitting the mark, you’ll have a lot of leeway and freedom to make this role your own. In fact, to succeed in the role, you must independently take ownership of your responsibilities. If you're a skilled and motivated self-starter, you can drive your own destiny with Henry.
Growth = opportunity, and while you could be happy and successful in this role for a long time, once you prove yourself, you could pursue additional opportunities within Henry. From this role, you could step up to a senior or lead position as we add additional project coordinators, or move into inside or outside sales.
Growing industry leader
Henry is an industry leader in multiple markets, holding a #1 or #2 position in many of the markets we serve. Our innovative, industry-leading products improve the livability and sustainability of all types of buildings, from the tallest commercial skyscrapers to residential homes all across the United States and Canada. Our track record of sustained success results from delivering innovative and high-performing products and solutions to our customers. Henry competes with some of the biggest building product companies in the world.
Privately owned business
We believe being privately owned is a competitive advantage. Ours is a people-centric culture of entrepreneurship, change, continuous improvement, and rewards.
Keys to SuccessTo be an outstanding Project Coordinator, you will be:
- Efficient – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Proactive – able to act without being told what to do.
- Detail oriented – skilled at noticing and managing the small details that are critical to the success of VRA orders (error free work is critical to your success).
- Flexible and adaptable – able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions; cope effectively.
- Energetic – to support a high energy manager, fast pace and constant workflow.
- A multitasker – skilled at being interrupted, handling the new task, then efficiently returning to the original task without creating errors.
- A strategic thinker – able to process complex projects and plan for changes; logic.
- Committed – driven to do your best work and check for errors.
- Creative – bring new ideas to the team and company.