The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related discipline, SHRM certification preferred
- At least 5-10 years of relevant HR experience with at least 3 years in a Business Partnership role including experience across the various functional disciplines of Human Resources with a focus on resolving complex employee relations issues
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior level leaders to achieve business objectives through the use of HR strategies, operations and tactics
- Detailed knowledge of state-of-the-art people practices, policies, programs and processes including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, talent management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, retain and develop HR talent needed to support an evolving business
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong HRIS knowledge (ADP preferred but not required) and the ability to analyze data and metrics within the system
- High proficiency in MS Office and ability to quickly and effectively use internal report-writing applications and similar tools
- High level of self-awareness. Strong ability to build credible, influencing relationships throughout the organization
- Strategic thinker who possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively share and engage the entire organization in the key people initiatives of the Company
- Collaborative leader who is confident and assertive in style, but respectful of others
- High energy, hands-on, engaged style of leadership
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to succeed independently and as part of the team
- The ability to establish trust and credibility
- A proactive spirit and empathetic attitude
- Strong business acumen
Note: Henry Company prides itself on the quality of its workforce. All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check and drug test.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP, Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for developing strategic relationships with the business by aligning business objectives with the overall company strategy through employees. Although your reach will be broad and may change depending on the needs of the business, you’ll focus your efforts on three key areas:
- Talent Management / Recruitment
- Employee Engagement
- Metrics / Analytics
The HRBP will serve the organization as a trusted advisor in providing advice on how to maximize the engagement of employees at all levels of the organization and act as an employee champion and change agent. While this role does not have any direct reports, you will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
More specifically, your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Act as an HR and business thought partner with leadership of specific business units while acting as a key member of the HR team
- Consult with line management and provide appropriate HR guidance on strategic, operational and tactical matters
- Respond and resolve quickly matters of employee relations conducting effective and thorough objective investigations where required. Ensure that people policies and practices are managed in a compliant, consistent and fair manner upholding both “organizational justice” and the needs of the business
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers
- Assist employees with expatriate assignments and/or visa related matters
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Develop a high level of business literacy about Henry Company and its operations, culture and competition
Pictured: Henry products and systems manage the flow of water, air, vapor, and energy through the building envelope, from foundation to roof, improving the structure’s energy efficiency, livability, and sustainability for the benefit of the owner, occupant, and the environment.
Why Henry CompanyThis is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career with a company that respects its employees and cares about their success. Consider a few more reasons to join us:
Rare, Best-of-both-Worlds Opportunity
We are a company with a long history of success, yet we are not content to rest on our laurels. In fact, we are committed to continuous improvement and ongoing innovation within the HR function. We are small enough that your successes will be noticed, appreciated and rewarded, and you'll enjoy a collaborative environment in which you can learn and continue to develop your skills.
We are proud of our team that includes smart and talented people who work hard, but also like to enjoy a laugh together. We are energetic, passionate and eager to help each other. Your manager is deeply committed to the success of the team, and will serve as a mentor and coach as you get up to speed.
Excellent Compensation and Benefits
You’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package designed to attract and retain top talent. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage; Company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching Company contributions; generous paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Growth = opportunity, and while you could be happy and successful in this high impact role for years to come, once you prove yourself here, you could pursue additional opportunities within Henry.
A Growing Industry Leader
Henry is an industry leader in multiple markets, holding a #1 or #2 position in many of the markets we serve. Our innovative, industry-leading products improve the livability and sustainability of all types of buildings, from the tallest commercial skyscrapers to residential homes all across the United States and Canada. Our track record of sustained success results from delivering innovative and high-performing products and solutions to our customers. Henry competes with some of the biggest building product companies in the world.
Privately Owned Business
We believe being privately owned is a competitive advantage. Ours is a people-centric culture of entrepreneurship, change, continuous improvement, and rewards.
Video: BlueskinVP™100 is a next generation vapor permeable air barrier that picks up where traditional polymeric wraps leave off. Ideal for wood frame construction, BlueskinVP™100 is a fully adhered, peel-n-stick system that eliminates air leakage while functioning as a water-resistant barrier and rain barrier.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will possess the ability to succeed on both a strategic and tactical level. We’ll look to you to analyze the 50,000 feet “big picture” view, while also digging down to the ground-floor details. We’re in the midst of upgrading our HRIS and integrating new modules including an ATS, performance management system, compensation analytics and more. We’ll look to you to analyze these key functions and create and run reports that will help hiring managers and leaders make critical decisions that support the business.
This is very much a hands-on role. You’ll join a decentralized team that includes another Business Partner and an Admin that spends 50 percent of their time supporting the HR function. Although your strong foundation of HR knowledge will be essential, to truly find success here you will be passionate about your role as a Business Partner and eager to learn our business and help drive it forward. You’ll know you’ve found success in this role when you’ve developed a strong understanding of our operations, people, processes and our strategic goals.