The RequirementsTo be a strong candidate for the Senior Product Manager, Air Barriers opportunity, you will have:
- 5-7+ years of experience in the building products, air barrier field within a manufacturing, product management or field environment with exposure to technical service.
- 5+ years successful sales, product management or technical services related experience in air barrier products and commercial construction projects.
- A bachelor's degree in a science, business or related field required. An MBA is a plus.
- Previous project management experience in a cross-functional environment is required, including proven success in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation while fostering team collaboration and task commitment.
- Strong fundamental and practical knowledge of air barriers, technical support, and construction design.
- Excellent attention to technical detail skills.
- Ability and experience conceptualizing, organizing and executing new initiatives.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project; Team Gantt or similar chart-making software preferred; CAD knowledge and experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and training skills to engage, enroll and influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivation; willing to take the initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while traveling in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Creative thinker -- innovative and visionary.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to Senior Vice President of Marketing, you will join a team of four other product managers responsible for roofing, vegetative roofing, waterproofing, and out newly emerging blindside products. You will concentrate on air barriers. You will work across Marketing, Product Management, R&D and Technical Services to create and launch high-performance air barrier product offerings to support commercial and residential building. Your high reaching mission will be to ensure that the products for which you're responsible support the Company's overall strategy and goals while meeting customer satisfaction benchmarks and revenue growth objectives.
As Senior Product Manager for this category, you will serve as a subject matter expert as you set and implement the overall product line's go-to-market strategy and drive profitable growth by creating programs that differentiate the value of our products from the competition. You will own the entire product lifecycle from cradle to grave, managing everything from defining the products' vision to developing product roadmaps to execution.
Specifically, you will:
- Create, launch and continuously improve a differentiated and compelling air barrier product and program offerings
- Provide technical support to the sales team/customer on air barrier products by providing guidance on technical queries on product technical training/specifications/application
- Advise suitable products/solutions as per the project requirements/specifications/relevant international standards
- Provide in-house and external technical customer support by conducting field troubleshooting investigations. Based on evidence and professional opinion, determine cause and effect relationships and provide solutions and guidance for corrective measures (verbal and written reports).
- Draft, modify, and review technical drawings using computer-aided drafting (CAD) software as needed and build detail library for Air Barrier segment
- Keep up-to-date technically on practical procedures, specialized techniques to apply new knowledge within the Commercial Air Barrier field
- Perform investigations of material or warranty complaints
- Develop effective steps to resolve customer product issues
- Champion for air barrier testing and technical support enhancements
- Gather intelligence on competitive products, pricing and promotion and compile analysis in the assigned products and systems; be an expert with respect to the competition
- Through sales and customer dialogue generate recommendations for new product additions and product deletions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Video: Air-Bloc® LF is a moisture-curing one component elastomeric fluid applied flashing membrane using a highly advanced STPe (Silyl-Terminated Polyether) polymer. It is designed to cure through reaction with airborne moisture to provide a heavy-duty "seamless" rubber-like, impervious membrane with excellent weathering and water resistance.
More Good ReasonsThis is an outstanding opportunity to establish a long-term career with a company that respects its employees and cares about their success. Consider a few more reasons to join us:
Excellent compensation and benefits
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, you'll enjoy our comprehensive compensation package designed to attract and retain top talent. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage; company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching and independent company contributions; generous paid holiday, vacation and sick leave; and an Employee Assistance Program.
In this best-of-both-worlds role, you'll enjoy the resources and support of a well-established company, while also being able to bring your strong ideas to the table, implement the best ones, and make a good thing even better.
Professional and career development
This is a challenging role where you're bound to continue learning and developing. In fact, ongoing knowledge gain will be an essential ingredient to your success. Prove yourself, and you'll find opportunities for growth within the role and the organization. We're dedicated to helping our employees evolve their skills and believe that's one reason why we have a large percentage of long-tenured team members.
We think you'll enjoy our culture. It's collaborative and cohesive and allows for strong ideas, teamwork and creativity. We value hard work and work hard to provide opportunity and stability. If you want a company where you can build a career for life, look no further.
We have invested in the strategy, systems and processes to help drive exceptional growth. You will add to the momentum which create even more opportunity.
Keys to SuccessThis is a role requiring a strong technical skillset and subject-matter expertise, but your leadership skills and vision will also be paramount. You'll need to provide clear ideas and concise cross-functional leadership to create a well-defined path for the product road map. You'll also need a proactive, entrepreneurial mindset and strong influencing skills to gain buy-in and excitement around projects. Your ability to get what you need from people with alternate priorities will come in to play regularly as you drive your objectives through others.
We'll look to you to bring a strong work ethic and a commitment to learning quickly, both as you get up to speed with Henry Company products and keep your finger on the pulse of the industry. To fit in well on this team you will bring a collaborative approach and willingness to help your colleagues out -- as they will also help you.