The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Sales Representative, Commercial Waterproofing opportunity, you will have:
- Minimum of 3+ years selling in the building technology and construction industry
- Demonstrated success selling in a distribution network environment
- Division 7 (thermal and moisture protection) product experience required; experience with commercial waterproofing systems preferred
- Experience working with and selling to architects highly preferred
- Proven and confident presentation skills; comfort delivering formal presentations to Architect and Builder groups
- "Hunter" mentality to win and drive new business and achieve year-over-year growth
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficiency using CRM software, Salesforce preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Need to win mentality combined with a team-player approach; ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and problem-solving skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Vice President Commercial BES (Building Envelope Systems), North Region, you will join a regional sales team covering the New England commercial building market and including two other reps focused on Henry products and systems, such as air barriers. You will drive growth in the waterproofing market by working closely with architects, contractors and distributors to create interest and generate demand. Your goal is to move the needle by driving transformative growth of your assigned product group.
This is a road warrior role where you'll spend approximately four days in the field growing accounts and generating new business, and one in the office doing administrative and lead generation tasks. You will be responsible for promoting BES waterproofing systems and developing and growing business using a one-step specialty distribution network. It will be important to leverage your technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to build trust-based relationships with distributors, contractors, and architects as you promote our BES waterproofing systems. You may do lunch and learns, job site visits, ride with distributors...whatever it takes to meet your objectives. You'll also actively track and record data in Salesforce, building your pipeline and sharing cross-selling opportunities with the Sales team. More specifically, you will:
- Grow institutional and commercial sales and achieve year-over-year growth thereafter
- Persuade design/architectural community on the value propositions of Henry waterproofing products
- Leverage existing and new relationships to grow BES category
- Own the ‘spec-to-ship’ process, interfacing closely with the architectural and consulting community to drive a higher level of sales through distribution, contractors and installers
- Maintain a disciplined approach to market segmentation and time management
- Interface closely with key customers to strengthen and grow existing relationships, while also driving significant prospecting initiatives to generate new customer relationships
Pictured: Henry® environmentally friendly 790-11 hot rubberized asphalt. Henry's time-tested 790-11 hot rubberized, fluid asphalt is formulated to provide a monolithic, fully bonded roofing and waterproofing membrane. It is the ideal choice when waterproofing both intensive and extensive vegetative roofing assemblies.
More Good ReasonsTech sales savvy + drive = rewards
This is a top territory offering outstanding potential to the right candidate. If you have the drive and motivation, you will be able to hit top incentive goals in short order, matching and even passing other established territories.
We are a company with a long history of success, yet we are not content to rest on our laurels. In fact, we are committed to continuous improvement and ongoing innovation. We are small enough that your successes will be noticed, appreciated and rewarded, and you'll enjoy a collaborative environment in which you can learn and continue to develop your skills.
We are proud of our team that includes smart and talented people who work hard, but also like to enjoy a laugh together. We are energetic, passionate and eager to help each other. Your supervisor is deeply committed to the success of the Sales team and he and your counterparts in your territory will serve as mentors as you get up to speed.
Excellent compensation and benefits
In addition to a competitive base, bonus and achievement incentives, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package designed to attract and retain top talent. Benefits include a company car (typically, a 4-door F-150), medical, dental, and vision coverage; Company-paid life and disability insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with matching and independent Company contributions; generous paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Growth = opportunity, and while you could be happy and successful in this territory for years to come, once you prove yourself here, you could pursue additional opportunities within Henry.
A Growing industry leader
Henry is an industry leader in multiple markets, holding a #1 or #2 position in many of the markets we serve. Our innovative, industry-leading products improve the livability and sustainability of all types of buildings, from the tallest commercial skyscrapers to residential homes all across the United States and Canada. Our track record of sustained success results from delivering innovative and high-performing products and solutions to our customers. Henry competes with some of the biggest building product companies in the world.
Privately owned business
We believe being privately owned is a competitive advantage. Ours is a people-centric culture of entrepreneurship, change, continuous improvement, and rewards.
Keys to SuccessTo thrive in this environment, you will need both the technical savvy and the interpersonal finesse to instill confidence in your capabilities and build strong relationships with key accounts. You'll keep your finger on the pulse of the organization and the customers and bring your passion for optimizing client relationships, clearly articulating a differentiated value proposition that demonstrates long-term value and sparks interest within our contractor, distributor and architectural contacts. Other “keys” to success in this environment will be to:
- Keep your product knowledge about waterproofing systems fresh and sharp and be able to convey that expertise within key accounts and prioritize opportunities.
- Showcase an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to win along with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate unwavering tenacity to build your pipeline, overcome objections, manage a 12-18 month typical sales cycle and more.
- Showcase a can-do customer-centric attitude at all times and conduct business with the highest level of integrity.
- Create / leverage systems and procedures to track progress and measure results.